It’s day 9 of the 10 Days of Ultraman, and we’re looking back to the fans with the first ever Ultraman Fan Art Extravaganza! Your expressions of creativity and love for Ultraman will be on display today, and a few submissions can even earn official recognition!
Here’s how it works: Today, post your own Ultraman fanart creations in the #art-show channel on the Ultraman Connection Discord. From there, pieces can be discussed in the accompanying thread as it becomes a full gallery! After the art show thread is locked, the Ultraman Connection judges will pick between the lovely pieces and decide on their favorites. Winners will have the chance to have their image turned into avatars and emotes on the Ultraman Connection Discord!
The official rules and guidelines for the official contest can be found below, and the contest lasts for today only (apologies for the late notice!)—the thread will be locked at midnight tonight! Don’t hesitate to share your love and creativity for Ultraman with the world through Ultraman Connection! And for everything about the 10 Days of Ultraman, check out Ultraman Connection!
A note for our international members: You are welcome to submit and have your artwork be recognized by UC and your fellow fans. By law we can’t reward international submissions. But hey, it’s the display that counts!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MESSAGE & data rates may apply.
ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ENTER. A PRIZE WON BY A MINOR IN HIS OR HER LEGAL JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCY WILL BE AWARDED IN THE NAME OF SAID MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
This CONTEST is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Discord:
The ULTRAMAN Fan Art Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Tsuburaya Productions Co., Ltd (“Sponsor”),16-17 Nampeidai-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0036 Japan and is administered by ELEVATE PICTURES, LLC, (“Administrator”), 733 Lakeview Plaza Blvd, Suite F, Worthington, OH 43085.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest submission period begins on July 9, 2022 at 6AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on July 10, 2022 at 6PM PT (“Submission Period”) which is followed by a judging period that beings on July 10, 2022 at 6PM PT and ends on July 12, 2022 at 11:59PM PT (“Judging Period”). The Submission Period and the Judging Period are collectively, the “Contest Period”. The Sponsor’s computer is the Contest’s official clock.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s (or his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s if entrant is deemed a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Submission Period an eligible entrant must log on to either his/her Discord Account, enter the Ultraman Connection Server and post the entrant’s original fan art inspired by Ultraman on the Discord Art Contest Channel.
Limit: There is a limit of one (1) unique Entry per person via Discord during the Contest Period (each Entry should be unique). If more than one (1) Entry are received from the same person and/or Discord account, only the first Entry received will be considered valid.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees that his/her Entry complies with these Official Rules, including the Entry Guidelines and Requirements set forth in Section 4 of these Official Rules. Each entrant also agrees that Sponsor or Administrator may disqualify the entrant from the Contest if Sponsor or Administrator believes, in their sole and absolute discretion, that an Entry fails to comply with these Official Rules. If Sponsor or Administrator rejects any Entry, such Entry will not be considered a valid Entry.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on the Sponsor’s website or social media pages for public view during and after the Contest Period.
If an entrant enters the Contest on his/her mobile device, message and data rates may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific app instructions.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry:
- Must be in English;
- Photos must comply with Discord’s posting requirements depending upon the platform on which the Entry is posted;
- Must be entirely the original work of the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person) and must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g., names, logos, symbols, slogans, submissions that belong to others, Entries of other people, quotes from other people, or parodies of other people);
- Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind;
- Must have been created in response to this contest;
- Must have approval from any persons whose likeness is used as reference or otherwise appear in the Entry and the entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person whose likeness is used as reference or otherwise appears in the Entry (or if such person is a under 18 years old, then express written consent of the minor’s parent/guardian) to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- Must not include personally identifiable information;
- Must not include any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry, if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there is any inappropriate use of a logo, brand name, or trademark;
- Must be an existing character in Ultraman;
- Must comply with all other Entry Guidelines and Requirements and provisions of these Official Rules;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is dangerous, fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- any cruelty to, or mistreatment in any way of animals;
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products; or
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created or otherwise promotes any unlawful, illegal, unsafe, dangerous or reckless behavior.
Entrant must have approval from any other persons whose likeness is used as reference or otherwise appears in the Entry and be able to provide express written consent of every such person whose likeness is used as reference or otherwise appears in the Entry to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested. Minors (other than entrant) are not permitted to be used as reference or otherwise appear in any Entry unless they are the children or legal wards of the entrant.
NOTE: If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant and the Entry will not be eligible to win.
- SPONSOR’S IP AND GENERAL ENTRY TERMS: By submitting an Entry you (a) agree that by using Sponsor’s copyrighted works, including but not limited to assets or characters from the Picture (“Sponsor’s IP”), to create the Entry, Sponsor grants you a non-exclusive license to create a derivative work using Sponsor’s IP for the sole purpose of creating the Entry for this Contest, provided that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment to us of all rights worldwide in and to the Entry for the duration of copyright in the Entry, in all formats and media known or unknown to date, including for use on products and on third party sites and platforms, provided further that if such rights are not assigned to Sponsor, your license to create the Entry using Sponsor’s IP shall be null and void; and (b) agree that creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit (including without limitation the Entry, whether or not solicited by the Contest Entities) are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and the Contest Entities in any way, and that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type, except what is set forth in these Official Rules.
Additionally, each entrant consents to the use of their name, social media account names/handles, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Contest.
Once an Entry is entered into the Contest, any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act. EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS, UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY (OTHER THAN THE PRIZES STATED HEREIN IF SELECTED AS A WINNER) IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THE RIGHTS SET FORTH HEREIN OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE OF SUCH ENTRY BY SPONSOR. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the rights entrant is granting to Sponsor in connection to the Entry.
- JUDGING PERIOD: During the Judging Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by other members of the Ultraman Connection Discord. Discord members will respond to artwork using various Discord emojis at their own discretion. The artworks accumulating the most emojis will be designated winners.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
- A total of five (5) winners will be selected. Winners will be included in a Fan Feature article on UltramanConnection.com, have their artwork posted to the Ultraman Connection Instagram, and also have their artwork turned into an official emoji of the Ultraman Connection Discord Server. These prizes have no retail value.
- General Prize Restrictions and Limitations: In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of a prize. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. Limit: one (1) prize per person.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: On or about July 15, 2022 the potential winners will be announced via email from Ultraman Connection. Winners will be contacted through Discord regarding participation in the Fan Feature article for UltramanConnection.com. The potential winners must respond to Discord Direct Message winner notification or they may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. FOR ALL PRIZES: If any potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize or, if Sponsor or its authorized designee is unable to contact the potential winner, or a prize is returned undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited, and in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the forfeited prize may be awarded to the entrant with the Entry that received the next-highest number of emoji votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Sponsor is not responsible for any winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Contest message or e-mail, including any notification, to a spam or junk folder. The prizes will only be awarded to verified winners. Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. ARVs are as of the time these Official Rules were printed and the value of a prize may fluctuate. Each winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of a prize at the time the prize is provided. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants (or the parent or legal guardian of entrant if entrant is a minor) agree that the Contest Entities, Twitter, Instagram, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/internet/website/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website’s users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any Entries in excess of the stated limit or for Entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Entries may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an Entry in the Contest, the entrant’s sole remedy is to enter the Contest again to receive another Entry. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the winner from among eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
By entering the Contest, each entrant (or the parent or legal guardian of entrant if entrant is a minor) agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including but not limited to any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s Entries, participation or inability to participate in the Contest, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Contest marketing materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize, (e) any change in a prize due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, pandemics, epidemics, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Contest, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof, if applicable), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Contest, any other Contest-related websites or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Contest and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF OAKLAND, MICHIGAN; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the awarding of any prize or the intellectual property of Sponsor, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California to resolve such disputes. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY TJAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Contest, each entrant(or his/her parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, social media handles/names, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Contest for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification, and if such person is selected as a potential winner, revocation of his/her prize. If it is discovered or suspected that a person has registered, entered or attempted to register or receive entries using multiple e-mail addresses, identities, IP addresses, or use of proxy servers or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive and such prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be declared made by the primary account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Instagram, or Twitter account used to enter the Contest. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the primary account holder. The “primary account holder” is the natural person listed as the primary owner of the e-mail address by an e-mail service provided. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All Entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and the Contest details contained in any Contest promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of the winners names, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to the Sponsors’ address. Requests must be received by August 1, 2022.
© 2022 Elevate Pictures, LLC. All rights reserved.